Monday, May 25, 2009

Frankenmuth Update 5 - The last from Frankenmuth

It's about 3:15pm here in Michigan and I just pulled in about a 1/2 hour ago from the 2 hour drive home from Frankenmuth. I didn't get a chance to update last night on the days festivities, so here goes...

After catching a couple hours of sleep after breakfast, a few of us went outside to check out some more of the dog activities. We first decided to go and try out a mirror maze. It's hard to get good pictures, but here ya go.





This was quite an expierience....very difficult to determine which way to go...the gloves are to keep all of the hand prints off the mirrors. They say that if you don't feel where you're going before you go there, you will smack right into a mirror...it's true.

After the maze, we went and check out the dock dogs and saw some incredible jumps, the longest being around 26 ft! After the dock dogs, we watched a few of the wiener dog races. While watching the races, this is what passes by.



Next, we went and watched a border collie sheep herding demonstration.



This was very neat to watch. Amazing the instinct that these dogs have.

Next to the sheep herding, there were disk dogs. Check it out!



After checking out all of the dogs, it was 3pm and time to watch the Red Wings play...6-1 win!

We had evening briefing at 6pm. The weather ended up working out for us as we were able to fly a 1 part multiple judge declared goal task. Only 3 people were able to score, I unfortunately was not one of them. I did however land in one of the best landing places to date. As I was approaching to land, I hear people hooting and hollering, and when I landed all of them ran back to greet me. First question being...want a beer?! (I think they may have all had a few themselves). They were a great group of people who were very entertained by me landing there...and I was very entertained by them :)

After the flight, we headed back to the hotel to refuel and head for our awards dinner. Mom, this pictures for you!


(mashed potatoes, noodles, carrots, stuffing, chicken, beef, and breadsticks...delicious)

And to finish up the meal...cherry strudel, YUM!



After we were all done eating, a few of us all hung out and chatted for a bit before heading to bed. We woke up at 10:30 this morning so we could be checked out by 11. After we packed everything up we hit the road back to the Battle Creek. A few minutes into the ride, we tossed around the idea of getting some lunch. Since I can never make decisions, we drove a little while until we saw a sign for a restaurant that we have no where near Battle Creek., so we had to go. And it was...none other then White Castle!



We grabbed a couple of burgers and got back on the road. Now at home, I am avoiding unpacking everything from the truck...but I suppose it must be done.

All in all it was an awesome trip as always when we visit Frankenmuth. Can't wait for next year to come around so I can go back! The next event I fly in is Howell, MI in a month, but I will try to post some pictures of flights here in town between now and then.

Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment