Monday, April 27, 2009

Sorry for not having much new stuff on here, but the balloon has been at the repair station for the last month having a cable repaired. I ordered a hitch lift for the truck this past Friday so that we are able to ditch the trailer and load everything into the back of the truck during events/competitions. To keep everything dry, I am having waterproof covers made. When I picked the balloon up from the repair station today I drove over to the Cameron balloon factory in Ann Arbor, MI and dropped everything off so they could properly fit the covers. It'll be a couple weeks until I get everything back so hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a flight before heading up to Frankenmuth, MI for Hot Air Hounds.

To keep everyone entertained, here's a picture of my first turkey that I got yesterday.



It had an 8 1/2 in. beard and 1 in. spurs.

And here's a random picture of my balloon.

3 comments:

  1. Hey james,
    Cant wait to see the lift for the truck..
    What happened to ur cable on ur balloon?
    When will you be flying next??
    Frankenmuth is next but im not attending due to school and other stuff. call me some time if u want me to help with crewing.. 269-967-3420
    Austin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cable on the balloon got burned, so it needed to be replaced. I am not sure when I am flying next due to the fact that I don't have my balloon right now...probably Frankenmuth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey James,
    oh that sucks. I FRANKENMUTH is out of my list of compitions.. I herd Bryan's crewing for u for frankenmuth.
    hay are you going to get a lift and a basket cover. faster inflations.. hay do you need crew this year??
    Austin

    ReplyDelete